Rash Treatment at STAT MED Urgent Care in Concord & Lafayette, CA
Fast and convenient rash treatment can be found at STAT MED Urgent Care. Our growing network of immediate care centers, including our locations in Concord and Lafayette, California, caters to adults and children who need prompt medical attention for a variety of non-life-threatening health concerns, including rashes. Visit us when it’s convenient for your busy schedule; we have extended hours every day – including weekends and holidays. Appointments are not required, although you can use our online check-in to save a place in line if you prefer.
What causes rashes?
Rashes, or visible changes in texture or color on a portion of your skin, can be caused by a number of factors. A few of the most common include:
- Contact dermatitis (when the skin comes in contact with a substance, such as clothing dyes, plants, or soaps, that triggers an adverse reaction)
- An allergic reaction or side effect to medication
- Insect bites
- Certain medical conditions, including eczema and ringworm
How are rashes treated?
Each patient’s ideal course of rash treatment will vary according to the rash’s cause. AT STAT MED Urgent Care, we take an individualized approach to treatment to help ensure fast relief from symptoms. Based on the patient’s condition, a rash treatment plan may include:
- Topical steroid creams to soothe irritation
- Antihistamine or oral corticosteroid medication to reduce inflammation
- Antibiotics to fight bacterial infections
The next time you or your child needs medical treatment for a rash, don’t wait days for an appointment with your primary care doctor. Simply visit STAT MED Urgent Care instead. Our team is proud to serve residents of Concord, Lafayette, and communities throughout San Francisco’s East Bay.