Get Ahead of Flu Season!
Remember your last bout of flu – body aches, runny nose, sore throat, fever, chills, fatigue?
While a flu shot does not guarantee prevention, it can strengthen your body’s ability to ward off more severe and lasting symptoms.
Flu is a respiratory illness which can be mild to very severe leading to hospitalization due to complications such as pneumonia. It is caused by the influenza virus which is believed to spread by droplets from coughing, sneezing and talking within six feet of someone infected.
Flu season varies year to year but typically begins in October, peaking between December and February and tails off by April/May.
Don't Wait for Symptoms!
Did you know that healthy adults may infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick with the flu?
The CDC recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone over 6 months of age before the end of October if possible. Given it is a respiratory illness, some people are at even higher risk from the influenza virus including those 65+ years, those with chronic conditions, such as heart disease or asthma, pregnant women, and young children.
Stop the Spread of Flu
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing with a tissue
- Stay home at least 24 hour after any fever is gone and symptoms subside
- Wash your hands frequently
- Clean surfaces you share with others at home, school or work with disinfectant
STAT MED is Here to Help:
- Provide a flu vaccine at any of our locations or from a STATMobile onsite flu shot clinic organized in your community or by your employer
- STAT MED offers both the regular dose and senior dose (for those over 65)
- Relieve immediate symptoms if you already are experiencing the flu with potentially:
- Fever control, pain medication, fluids or rehydration
- Antiviral flu medication depending on the severity of illness and risk
- Treat extenuating medical issues related to the flu: bronchitis, sinusitis, and pneumonia
- Ask about other vaccination availability (from Tetanus to travel medicines)
FAQs about Flu Vaccines
STAT MED Doctors Are On-Site at All STAT MED Medical Clinics 7 Days a Week (Including Holidays)
- Walk-in or check-in online. No appointment needed
- Locations in Pleasant Hill / Concord (Near Sunvalley Mall), downtown Lafayette (Near Diablo Foods)
- And opening soon in Livermore!
- Click Here to learn more about STAT MED’s services
- Routine Care, Urgent Care, X-Rays and Labs, Workers Injury