Pleasant Hill / Concord, Livermore and Lafayette
The first 72 hours after a head injury are critical to assessing and diagnosing a concussion so it’s important that you seek medical attention soon after an accident if you suspect a concussion or just want that peace of mind that you don’t have one.
BrainWaves Concussion Care, in partnership with STAT MED, is committed to providing San Francisco Bay Area patients of all ages with comprehensive concussion services, from evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, final recovery assessment and, when needed, authorization to return to play, return to school or return to work.
Step #1: Initial Concussion Diagnosis
- Initial Evaluation at STAT MED: Walk-in, No Appointment Needed: Clinics are open 7 days a week. Click here for locations and hours. Once diagnosed, they will refer to BrainWaves Concussion Care if needed, depending on initial evaluation.
- Initial Evaluation at BrainWaves: Requires Appointment.
Step 2: Integrated Concussion Treatment
- Clinical assessment of concussion, mild to severe symptoms
- ImPACT neurocognitive testing
- Credentialed ImPACT Consultants
- Continuity of care from diagnosis through recovery
- Authorization to return to play, school or work
Student Athletes & Return to Play
The regulations developed by CIF’s Sports Medicine Advisory Committee direct a progressive treatment plan to return to play under medical supervision to minimize risks and allow the brain to properly recovery.
Within those guidelines, though, is the need for each patient to have an individualized care plan such as those provided by our physicians for each concussion patient. To return to play requires authorization by a Credentialed ImPACT Consultant like Dr. Mooney, Clinical Director of BrainWaves Concussion Care.
Step by Step Approach to Concussion Recovery
There are many myths surrounding concussions but increased medical science has shown the importance of an early and accurate concussion diagnosis and a customized step-by-step treatment plan for recovery under the supervised care of physician trained in concussion care.
Your BrainWaves physician also may need to provide an accommodation for school or work.
Click here to learn more about concussions and head injuries.