- Education: Harvard Medical School, MD
- Paul Merage School of Business, MBA
- Diplomat Emergency Medicine, American Board of Physician Specialists
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Alameda & Contra Costa County Medical Association
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA)
- Other skills: Bilingual Spanish
Dr. Armando Samaniego, MD, MBA
STAT MED's founder Dr. Armando Samaniego launched the practice from his unique understanding of what a truly exemplary urgent care would look like when it's tailored to our community.
With more than 25 years of experience in some of California's best and busiest Emergency Rooms, Dr. Samaniego built STAT MED's model for urgent care delivery around four key principles:
- Providing best-in-class immediate care to a community with no urgent care options;
- Streamlining the process of delivering and receiving urgent care by creating the most efficient processes and eliminating long waits;
- Ensuring an outstanding patient experience centered on mutual respect, predictability of service delivery, more time and attention from physicians to patients, and less "chaos" than is characteristic of busy ERs;
- Establishing a more collaborative partnership with patients and their medical needs than ER visits usually allow.
As a longstanding Lafayette resident and father of three boys, Dr. Samaniego and his wife Lissett have deep roots in the Lamorinda community. An active participant in his sons' Boy Scout troop (all three are Eagle Scouts; the oldest is now at the Naval Academy in Annapolis), Dr. Samaniego has taken a 50-mile backpack hike every year for seven years (How's that for dedication?). He's also the team doctor for Campolindo High School and the Lamorinda Rugby team. After all those years on the field and in the bleachers, Dr. Samaniego has fielded all kinds of questions from his fellow parents. The most common? How to deal with sports-related strains and sprains.
The answer? Ice and elevate until fully evaluated.
Now, of course, Dr. Samaniego can answer questions like these — and any others — quickly and expertly, right here in town.